John’s three decades in the Broadband industry began as architect and MAC developer at LANcity, pioneering the industry’s first cable modems. He was a primary author for the Cable Industry’s DOCSIS 1.0 and 1.1 specifications. He also was senior technical consultant to Broadband industry with YAS Corp.
John’s recent research includes:
- Next generation HFC distributed access architectures
- including Remote PHY and Remote MACPHY
- FTTx migration strategies for HFC: Fiber Deep N+0, FTTLA, FTTC & FTTH
- DOCSIS 3.1 and its futures: Full Duplex (FDX) & Extended Spectrum
- Network capacity modeling
- IP Video solutions featuring multicast- ABR
John holds a BSEE and MSEE from RPI and has a multitude of papers and patents to his name.