The National Cable Television Cooperative, Inc. ("NCTC", “Company” or “We”) is committed to and recognizes your need for protection and privacy issues on the Internet.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website (our " Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, employer, job title, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ( "personal information");
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, requesting further services, applying for membership, or registering for events. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Data necessary to interact with custom applications developed by the NCTC. This data may be input directly via forms or indirectly via analysis of various sources of metadata such as geo-location, IP, etc.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, " posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we may collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. The following list contains examples of how we may use this information to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us such as if You submit it to us by filling out a form or a service request.
Collecting Personal Identifiable Information
There are times when we may collect personal information from you; for example, when you are registering for NCTC’s annual shows or applying for membership. In addition, we request personal information when you register to receive additional information regarding our products and services or send us a question. If you choose not to give information we request, you can still visit most of the Website, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services. Unless otherwise stated, personal information provided by users will be used for marketing and promotional purposes only by NCTC.
Any of the following personal information that may be made available to the organization when browsing or navigating the site shall be kept confidential:
- First and last name
- Company name
- Company, home, postal or other physical address
- Other contact information, for example, telephone number, fax number, email address, and other similar information
- Title or position in a company or an organization
- Any other information needed to provide a service you requested
Examples of scenarios where our visitors provide their personal information include, but may not be limited, to:
- Emailing, calling or communicating with NCTC.
- Posting a question or comment through the site.
- Registering to attend a seminar or any event.
- Participating in an online survey .
- Requesting inclusion in an email or other mailing list.
- Submitting an entry for a contest or other promotions.
- Logging in to the site, thus requiring a user name and/or a password.
- Any other business-related reason.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may however list NCTC member company names on our website as well as vendors doing business with NCTC.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or otherwise not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NCTC, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising.You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising.If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the event registration form. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request.
- Promotional Offers from the Company.If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising.We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (" NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
NCTC reserves the right to disclose user information in special cases, when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Web site users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose personal information in response to a subpoena, when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or to respond to an emergency situation.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Links to Third Party Sites
Posting Information on Website
You are responsible for the content of any information you put on our Website. The information posted to our Website does not necessarily reflect the views of NCTC and in no event shall NCTC assume or have any responsibility or liability for any information posted to our Website or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from the use and/or appearance of such information on our Website. NCTC has no obligation to, and does not in the normal course, monitor or control any information that is or becomes available on our Website. NCTC reserves the right to review any Information that is or becomes available on our Website. NCTC reserves the right to refuse to post or to edit or remove, in whole or in part, any information that is, in NCTC's sole discretion, unacceptable, undesirable or in violation of these rules. NCTC has no obligation to exercise such reservation of rights by NCTC; however, NCTC respects the copyright law that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of our Website or network who are repeat infringers. NCTC may terminate access for content providers or forum participants who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected material without necessary rights and permissions. By submitting information to NCTC, you grant NCTC a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, transmit, copy and display such information in any and all media now know or hereinafter devised and represent that you have all necessary rights in such posting.
Personal information of registrants of NCTC's educational programs, including The Winter Educational Conference and The Independent Show may be shared with sponsors of these meetings for promotional purposes. This information provided will contain the name, title, company, mailing address and e-mail address of all meeting attendees. Any members may remove themselves from this mailing list by contacting NCTC.
THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND NCTC EXCLUDES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FUNCTIONS EMBODIED ON, OR IN THE MATERIALS OF, THIS WEBSITE ARE NOT WARRANTED TO BE UNINTERRUPTED OR WITHOUT ERROR. YOU, NOT NCTC, ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION DUE TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
Except as specifically stated in this Policy, or elsewhere on this Website, or as otherwise required by applicable law, neither NCTC nor its directors, employees, content providers, affiliates or other representatives will be liable for damages of any kind (including, without limitation, lost profits, direct, indirect, compensatory, consequential, exemplary, special, incidental or punitive damages) arising out of your use of, your inability to use or the performance of this Web site or the Content whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
NCTC uses reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy, correctness and reliability of the Website content, but we make no representations or warranties as to the Website content's accuracy, correctness or reliability.
Some US states and foreign countries do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or liability for certain categories of damages. Therefore, some or all of the limitations above may not apply to you to the extent they are prohibited or superseded by state or national provisions.